Our new friends at Petopia have honored Paws and Effect with the Honest Scrap Award. This award doesn’t come with ribbons or goodie baskets, but it does come with a responsibility:
When accepting this auspicious award, you must write a post bragging about it, including the name of the misguided soul who thinks you deserve such acclaim, and link back to said person so everyone knows he or she is real. Choose a minimum of seven (7) blogs that you find brilliant in content or design. Or improvise by including bloggers who have no idea who you are because you don’t have seven (7) friends. Show the seven (7) random victims’ names and links and leave a comment informing them that they were prized with “Honest Weblog.” Well, there’s no prize, really, but they can keep the nifty icon. Next, in your blog, list at least ten (10) honest things about yourself. Then, pass it on!
Here are the seven blogs we want to honor with the Honest Scrap Award:
- The Pets Are Talking blog. Intuitive animal communicator Bridget Pilloud talks about her experiences talking with animals, shares wisdom, and offers free contests for pets and their people.
- Orange Cat Blues. Loki the Talking Cat makes vlogs (video blogs) interviewing other famous critters–including the Paws and Effect Gang–and shares cat news and life stories.
- Pet Talez is a central site for numerous pet blogs. Mama’s even going to write a cat blog on Pet Talez. We appreciate the Pet Talez staff for all their good work.
- Our great friend Sockington (huzzah Socks Army!) is another cat with a great blog.
- Our kitty friend Frankie Black runs a LiveJournal blog called Feline News.
- Our venerable friend The Ginger One has a blog on his human’s site, Through The Eyes of a Journalist.
- Oscar the Cat runs a pawsome blog called Cats Who Twitter, a clearinghouse for connecting to microblogging kitties (like Dahlia) and featuring interviews with Twittering cats and lovely artwork by his staff.
Now we have to list at least 10 honest things about ourselves:
- Dahlia says, “Sometimes I forget to bury my poopies.”
- Thomas says, “I think baby bunnies and baby chicks are delicious. I wish Mama would give me some now that I’m an indoor-only cat.”
- Siouxsie says, “Sometimes I really, really miss my sister Sinéad, and I want to cry. But then I snuggle with Mama and I feel better.”
- Dahlia says, “When Mama tried to clip my claws, I bloodied her really good. I guess I shouldn’t have done that, but I hate, hate, HATE having my feet touched!”
- Thomas says, “When I met Mama at the shelter, I really wanted to go home with her. So when another family took me home along with my sisters, I fought with them until the humans sent me back. THEN I got to go home with Mama.”
- Siouxsie says, “I didn’t think I’d ever accept another cat friend after I lost Sinéad, but I actually find Dahlia quite … tolerable.”
- Dahlia says, “Mama’s not wrong when she claims I was raised by dogs. If it hadn’t been for Brutus and his mate, who took me in after my mom-cat got hit by a car, I probably would have died. And yes, I do like to wag my tail!”
- Thomas says, “I’ve got a thing for snuggling under the covers next to Mama’s head.”
- Siouxsie says, “I wasn’t sure how I’d like being a cat advice column writer. Sinéad was really into it, and I was kind of ‘meh’ for the first few months. Now I love my job and I couldn’t imagine life without Paws and Effect.”
- Dahlia says, “I like to talk LOLcat. I can haz cheezburgr? Iz it can be hugz tiem nao plz?”
- Thomas says, “I’ve got a neuter-crush on Dahlia. But I act like I’m annoyed by her ’cause I like to tease her.”
- Siouxsie says, “I’m not surprised about Thomas’s last revelation. After all, they snuggle about 12 hours a day! Ew!”